Monday, March 16, 2009

Catwoman Issue 7

















Hi All,

Sorry this has been so late. It's been busy at home and work! I've posted my reference photos for this one here.
The first is the covergirl of sports illustrated. I wanted Selina kneeling down because the story takes place in Japan. The background actually came first in my head. The classic Japanese Tea room walls, the hanging lanterns and the writing on the wall is "Cat" in Japanese (I hope it does, I just googled it on the net!!!)
Then I wanted Catwoman kneeling as if having tea (kindof.) And I came across the sports illustrated photo.
I included the rough sketch as well there, so you can see that.
Finally, I included 4 drawings of sketch cards that I did for an upcoming auction called Comics for Cure.
"There will be a public exhibition at Comics 2 Games, Florence, Ky location on April 4th 2009. The auction of all the original art cards will go online starting the week before the Sketch Card exhibition and will end that evening. All proceeds from the sale of the cards will go to the American Cancer Society."
www.comicsforcures.com is the website for more info.
See ya,
Paul




No comments: