Sunday, February 15, 2009

Catwoman Issue 6



Hey All,

Here's the cover for Catwoman Issue 6. I mixed some drawing from reference as well as some drawing from my own head. Catwoman was drawn from my head. I thought of a pose and drew it as a stick figure. Then I did alot of scribbling (gesture drawing) until I came up with the right look. I wanted her jumping from the page and so that was why I gave her that pose. I also wanted some foreshortening.
So I had her arm coming forward and threw in her whip doing a little 3D effect as well. The reference drawing came from Charlize Theron photo. I liked it a lot cuz it made her look frustrated that she hasn't caught up yet with Catwoman, yet it shows her overlooking her as she is getting closer and closer.
I did the drawing on a Blue Line art board. I just bought them and decided to try it out. It works well with pencils. The stomps smoothed out the pencils and blended them well.
All in all, I am pretty happy with it. I like the action in the drawing and I like the portrait drawing of Tsarina just so people can see what I think she would look like.
Enjoy!
commentary is below

2 comments:

The Clairvoyant said...

Tsarina Theron?

*nice*!

Sketch said...

I figured she would look REAL good as Tsarina. Exotic enough too.