Friday, January 16, 2009

Once Upon a Time in Vegas, chapter 17


Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA for the last, oh, five chapters. It's been crazy over at casa de Julie lately.


Here's the lovely Ginger, making her cover debut. I was thinking of doing another Chloe cover, but Alicia gave me some great Gin-spiration. XD She was originally more pinup-y, but about halfway through I reread her character description and realized that she was supposed to be very thin, not 50s-style curvy. I had to go back and do some plastic surgery. ;) She's still a little curvier than she should be, I think, but oh well. Fortunately, there are lots of curvy ladies to draw in Vegas, so all my research is not for naught!


Anyways, I thought I'd go back and review the covers I missed, briefly.
Vegas 16. I think I did this one in record time, and I had a lot of fun painting glass in Photoshop. There was a big gaffe in this episode, though; the name tag is supposed to have a company logo on it. Whoops! I still want to go back and add one in...

Vegas 15. Chloe! I love her character but I was not entirely happy with this art. I can't wait to redeem her by drawing her again.

Vegas 14.
The departure from people to still life was a little risky for me, but this cover planted itself in my brain and wouldn't let go. Fortunately, the producers liked the idea! I "sketched" the cover with vector shapes in Photoshop, and then painted over them. I am horrible at draftsmanship and can't draw a circle to save my life, so there we go.

Vegas 13. I think this is my favorite cover out of all the ones I've done. It came together quite well. In fact, here - have a close-up!


And that's it for me. See you in a few weeks!

No comments: